I can feel it, Fall is in the air. Sharon and I noticed the crisp air and darker mornings as soon as we got back from our weekend getaway to Vegas. I love fall and everything about the season. Like Joe Fox, fall makes me want to buy school supplies and wish someone would send me a bouqet of freshly sharpened pencils! Back to breakfast – I’ve been thinking of some new breakfast ideas with Sharon and we came upon these neat little creations – the Egg Muffin! It’s so easy and you’ll have a batch ready-to-go for busy fall mornings before you know it!
Here’s a look at how to make these tasty breakfast-to-go egg muffins!
I thought of this recipe as I was trying to use up a lone orange bell pepper in the fridge from the previous week. Whisk together eggs and chopped vegetables. Top each egg muffin with a dash of salt, pepper, and cheese for flavour. Finally, they’re ready to be baked in the oven!
Egg facts anyone?
If your weekday mornings are busy and you don’t have time to make breakfast, these make for the perfect breakfast. Prepare these delicious egg muffins on Sunday and reheat them each morning.
A great way to start the day!
- 12 eggs
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped finely
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- shredded cheese of your choice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until sightly brown, about 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs. Stir in onions, bell pepper, and spinach.
- Grease a tray of 12 muffin tin cups. Pour the egg mixture evenly into each muffin tin cup.
- Top with a dash of salt and pepper, and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes, or until muffins are firm in the center. Remove egg muffins from tin with a butter knife. Let cool.